I realize I haven't really blogged much about the actual day to day of school since the year started...Let's see, how would I describe my life the last 8 weeks..btw, I can't believe it has been that long already! Time is flying by....
These are some words that describe my first eight weeks of teaching...
Never a dull moment
Grading that never stops
Moments I just want to cry
Needles to say, I have never experienced anything like these last 2 months in my entire life...In the last two months, I have fallen in love with 12 little children. They are such a great group of kids! Not one day passes when I don't have some story to tell about them...
One of my absolute favorite parts of the day is prayer request time, during Bible class...
I hear so many things...sometimes they say silly things that have nothing to do with prayer, other times they share their hearts...Here are some things that I have heard when asking for prayer request...
1. Pray that we won't have any earthquakes today.... (this is a result of actually having one the very first week of school)
2. Pray for my Mom (very serious face)..."Oh, is she ok??"...Yeah, she just
stubbed her toe...(huge smile)
3. Pray for my baby sister's crib, that it won't fall down while she is
in it... "Oh, ok!!" Very confused by this one...especially since the "sister" isn't born yet..:)
4. I love you, Mrs. Balatbat... "I love you too...but is that a prayer request??
Remember, prayer request time is for things that we want to talk to God about" :) (How do you not melt when you hear that??)
5. Pray that that bad guy won't come to our church again next Sunday... hmm...I didn't really know how to respond to this one..so my reply was "OK" ... I found out later, there was a guy that was at their church making a lot of noise during the service..haha...
6. Pray for ALL my babysitters...(long pause)....I like them soo much!...
sooo sweet! :)
7. Pray that my Dad and Mom will stop fighting...and that my Mom will run the family business better... :( What do you say to that? That child has obviously heard way too much at home! Sad...
8. Pray for my Mother and my Father... Trust me this child is far far from being the type that would call his parents Mother and Father...that's why this one really made me laugh!
9. On Saturday, Giselle and me went to the zoo!!!! haha....once again...not something we talk to God about!
What can I say... I have some of the funniest, cutest kids on the planet in my class...
Just look at them!! :)