Saturday, March 19, 2011

Reunited....after all this time!!!

A while back I did I did a post about a dear friend of mine Julie.
I told you all about our friendship/history and then announced that she was expecting her first child!

Well, last weekend I found out that she was coming to Sacramento to visit her parents (which live there now). 
We weren't sure if it was going to work because their visit would be short but we wanted to try to see each other.
Well.....I GOT TO SEE HER!!!!! 

It was the first time I have seen her in 3 1/2 years!!! It was SO good!! 


Ok, that last time I saw her was on her wedding day! I can't believe how we still look so much alike!!
I remember the night of her rehearsal I was standing talking to some people and her Dad came up behind me and put his arm around me and said "Hey Jewels, Do you...." I turned as he was talking and he said..."Oh, you aren't Julie!" :) 
We always did look like sisters and I think we still do! :) 

It was so nice that our husbands FINALLY got to meet!!!! 
It's so funny because we are so much a like and our husbands are so much alike! It didn't dawn on me till today. Julie and I will talk and talk and talk...non stop!! Our husbands, just sit and listen! haha! 
I guess that is a good thing! If the husband and wife both talk a lot...there would be some issues! :)


Oh, and I got to see her with her baby belly!!!! :) I was so excited about that! I have always loved baby bellies but since she is the first "close" friend to have one....well, let me just say...I would never ask anyone other than a close friend to touch their baby belly! I kept telling her, after I found out I would see her, I CAN'T WAIT to touch your belly!!! haha, It was only fair to give her warning!! :)
So, here is a pic with the belly!!! :) 
I love Julie's face...she has the opposite feeling about her belly! :) 


Plans are being made to make a trip to Oregon to see Jason and Julie again!
I'm so excited about that!
They are expecting their baby GIRL to arrive the first week of June!!! 
Her name will be....Alayna Joy Gardner! :) So sweet! 
I am hoping to go spend a few days with her a few weeks after the baby comes!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You guys still do look alot alike! Glad you had a good time...can't wait til I can rub your baby bump!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Aww :) So glad you got to see her! And HAHA Nicole, I can't wait to rub her baby bump tooooo!! LOL :)
~Michelle

Natalie said...

It's always awesome to reunite with old friends :D I just got meet up with a friend I hadn't seen in 6 years! Amazing how fast time goes by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...